I want to be an apprentice
- offer the opportunity to study and earn an income while undertaking a qualification.
- can be done by anyone of working age.
- give you the chance to learn new skills while getting paid.
- can be done full-time, part-time or while you’re at school.
You can use your qualification to work anywhere in Australia and around the world.
- General information on traineeships and apprenticeships:
Register your interest in an apprenticeship
You can register your interest in an apprenticeship in a sign industry related business here. In case of any inbound inquiries from employers seeking prospective apprentices we can put you in touch.
I want to hire an apprentice
Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements is a government wage subsidy to encourage employers of any size or industry, Australia-wide, to take on new apprentices and trainees.
As part of the Government’s Economic Response to COVID-19, and commitment to a skilled economy, an additional $2.7 billion was invested in the Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements wage subsidy in March 2021. The initial $100,000 cap was removed, the subsidy period was extended to 12 months from the date of commencement and the commencement period extended from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
For further information on how to apply for the subsidy, including information on eligibility, contact an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network provider - also refer below for more details about network providers.
Guide to incentives for apprentices and employers from Busy at Work
- For more information about the current government incentives for eligible apprentices and employers visit https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/financial-programs
Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (Apprenticeship Network) is your first point of contact for all queries about apprenticeships.
The Australian Government contracts seven Apprenticeship Network providers to deliver support services nationally through more than 480 field officers and 137 physical locations (shopfronts).
You cannot start an Australian Apprenticeship without an Apprenticeship Network provider.
Apprenticeship Network providers give personalised advice and support services from pre-commencement to completion. Apprenticeship Network providers offer the following support services:
- Universal services:
- essential administrative support
- payment processing
- regular contact
- Targeted services for individuals who need extra support to complete their apprenticeship.
- Visit https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/search-aasn to search for Apprenticeship Network providers by state.
- If you are unsure about who to best contact, Sue-Anne Brady from Apprenticeship Support Australia is happy to assist. Sue-Anne can be contacted on 0419 016 606.
- If you are based in South Australia, Rose Caon from Apprenticeship Network provider, MEGT, has experience with facilitating apprenticeships with sign makers. She can be contacted on 0438 405 624.
Register with the ASGA to find an apprentice
You can register your interest in hiring an apprentice with the ASGA here. In case of any inbound inquiries from prospective employees we can put you in touch.
For more information contact Michael Punch on 0448 274 211 or by email email@example.com