I want to be an apprentice
- offer the opportunity to study and earn an income while undertaking a qualification.
- can be done by anyone of working age.
- give you the chance to learn new skills while getting paid.
- can be done full-time, part-time or while you’re at school.
You can use your qualification to work anywhere in Australia and around the world.
- General information on traineeships and apprenticeships:
Register your interest in an apprenticeship
You can register your interest in an apprenticeship in a sign industry related business here. In case of any inbound inquiries from employers seeking prospective apprentices we can put you in touch.
I want to hire an apprentice
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements will support businesses to take on 100,000 new apprentices and trainees. Under this measure employers who engage an Australian Apprentice on or after 5 October 2020 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50 per cent of wages paid to an apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 30 September 2021, to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter.
- Supporting Apprentices and Trainees provides a wage subsidy to small businesses (including those using a Group Training Organisation) to support the retention of their existing apprentices and trainees.
The wage subsidy is also available to employers of any size, including a Group Training Organisation, if they re-engage an apprentice or trainee that has been displaced from a small business.
Eligible employers can apply for a wage subsidy of 50 per cent of the apprentice’s or trainee’s wage for 9 months from 1 January 2020 to 31 March 2021.
Download the factsheet here.
Find out more about eligibility and how to apply at Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program.
Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (Apprenticeship Network) is your first point of contact for all queries about apprenticeships.
The Australian Government contracts seven Apprenticeship Network providers to deliver support services nationally through more than 480 field officers and 137 physical locations (shopfronts).
You cannot start an Australian Apprenticeship without an Apprenticeship Network provider.
Apprenticeship Network providers give personalised advice and support services from pre-commencement to completion. Apprenticeship Network providers offer the following support services:
- Universal services:
- essential administrative support
- payment processing
- regular contact
- Targeted services for individuals who need extra support to complete their apprenticeship.
- Visit https://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/search-aasn to search for Apprenticeship Network providers by state.
- If you are unsure about who to best contact, Sue-Anne Brady from Apprenticeship Support Australia is happy to assist. Sue-Anne can be contacted on 0419 016 606.
- If you are based in South Australia, Rose Caon from Apprenticeship Network provider, MEGT, has experience with facilitating apprenticeships with sign makers. She can be contacted on 0438 405 624.
Register with the ASGA to find an apprentice
You can register your interest in hiring an apprentice with the ASGA here. In case of any inbound inquiries from prospective employees we can put you in touch.
For more information contact ASGA's General Manager Michael Punch on 0448 274 211 or by email email@example.com